Signs Its Time to Replace Your Windows
1. Seal Failure Have you ever tried to wipe the condensation from a window but then realized the moisture is between the two panes of glass? That is a result of a broken seal. Ideally you want an air tight seal between the glass and the window spacer, even a small opening is enough for your windows to start fogging up. Unfortunately this issue is not one that resolves itself and can become very unsightly amongst other issues.
2. Its becoming hard to lock your windows A common problem with older windows is that not only do they become hard to open and close but they also become harder to lock. Don't wait until you can't lock your windows as this is one of the easiest ways for criminals to break into your home.
3. You don't need to step outside to see if it's cold If you can feel the chill or maybe even a draft when you are close to your windows you probably don't need us to tell you that your windows are not energy efficient.
4. Your furniture is fading If you have old single pane windows and furniture that gets sun, chances are you have noticed furniture and your flooring fading. New, state-of-the-art windows not only save you money on your energy bills but also protect expensive purchases inside your home.
5. Rotted wood Rotted windows are beyond repair and can lead to other issues such as mold. If your windows are soft to the touch it's time to call an expert.